Monday, February 22, 2010

Forty Year Old Mid Life Crisis? Where's Carol Burnett?


What is it about forty that feels like an end? End of youth? End of dreams? End of the good times? I am telling you the Mrs has been down in the dumps. It could be all the lack of shopping now that I am on a BUDGET. No, I think it's more...

I need Carol Burnett.


Everyone has a famous person they look up to or admire for one reason or another. For me it's Carol Burnett. As a child I was in awe of her. I watched the Carol Burnett Show religiously. I had never seen a woman be the star of her own show, be funny, and so gracious to her fans.

I loved the question and answer part of the show with her audience. Do you remember the young teenage boy who wanted his first kiss? The woman who sand "you made me love you" with her? She treated everyone, her fans, friends, and fellow actors with respect and love. One class act. It's inspiring.

Carol also holds a special place in my heart because she made me laugh at a time in my life I needed it the most.

Which brings me to my next challenge. If there's someone you admire, famous or not, find them and meet them. Ask them the questions you've always wanted to ask.

Carol Burnett is mine. I googled for her contact information. I am writing her a letter and found out she is coming to a theater near me to do a lecture. Got tickets! I'm going to meet her, tell her I adore her, and probably bawl. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

So who's your idol? Who do you need to meet and see so you can be inspired!

4 comments:

  1. I love Carol Burnett! How cool that you will get to meet her. I don't really have an idol (weird, I know). I would like to meet Diane Sawyer though. Can't wait to hear about your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to a show honoring her in NYC, the two men who used to perform with her were there and it was an amazing show. In life she was just as warm and welcoming, I can't wait to hear all about it.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. really good question, I have to ponder that one. Meryl Streep is a long fav of mine. Just found your blog, love the idea behind it, will be back for more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh! I'd say Lee Radziwell or Parker Posey. How do you feel about working on a treatment for a screen play? Let me know. xoxo

    SC

    ReplyDelete